I love Instagram

Monday 25 May 2015

Better than movie popcorn and George Clooney



Who doesn't love going to the movies? And who doesn't love popcorn? Ok, maybe some people don't but I am not one of those people. I do not like the cost of movie popcorn though. Over $10 for cold popcorn covered in fake butter powder, not my idea of a treat. And judging by some of the comments posted yesterday on a photo that I shared on Instagram, I am not alone. I have something for you to try, if you haven't already. Home cooked popcorn cooked in coconut oil & sprinkled with pink Himalayan pink salt.
Oh this stuff rocks! And if you want to be extra indulgent, throw in a handful or 2 of maltesers & shake them around! You get salty yummy goodness! And it is a fraction of the price of movie popcorn! We took a few bags with us to the preview screening of Tomorrowland. It was soooo good! The movie & the popcorn!! George Clooney was pretty good too!! That man is like a fine wine, he just keeps getting better with age! 





All you need is:

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
And some maltesers if you wish. 

Cook the popcorn according to the directions on the pack. I just throw the popcorn kernels in a big saucepan with the coconut oil, pop on the lid & cook on medium until the popcorn is popped. 

Put in in a big bowl & sprinkle salt over the cooked popcorn. Make sure you give the bowl a bit of a shake. 

Then pop some popcorn in a paper bag with some maltesers & give it another shake. 




 I swear that I have never tasted popcorn as good as this!!

Tell me, what is your fave movie treat?

And do you think George Clooney is like a fine wine? 

From Jos with love. xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
From Jos with love. xx