I love Instagram

Friday 3 April 2015

Hang on tight & enjoy the ride!



So, I thought that my eldest turning 16 was a big deal. Don't get me wrong, it was a huge deal! But now I have realised that it is just the start. It was a week of stressful studying for the learners licence! Holy shit! She passed! So now that sweet little baby that I held in my arms just a meer 16 years ago, is now sitting behind the wheel of the family car. How? Why? What am I supposed to do with this? I will teach her, that's what I will do.



I will teach her that driving is a complete privilege. 
I will teach her that she has been given the chance to become an adult & to make sure that she embraces that with pride. 
I will teach her to be mindful of everything and everyone around her.
I will teach her to be safe. 
I will teach her that with choices come consequences.  
I will teach her that it is not just about driving but also about being aware of your surroundings. 
And then I will teach her how to drive. 

Yes, professional driving lessons will be happening with an instructor but I believe that I need to get her mentally prepared to be a citizen on the road. I don't want to just say, "here's your licence now off you go." I want to know that she has got this. I want her to be confidant that she can do this. I want her to be ready. 

I will not think of her as a little girl but as a woman. I still don't know if I am ready for this but I don't have a choice. It's time. I have to adjust to these huge life changes that are happening. It scares the absolute shit out of me but I just have to hang on tight & enjoy the ride! 

From Jos with love. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
From Jos with love. xx