I love Instagram

Sunday 15 March 2015

Simple Sunday's are the best Sunday's. Our day in photos.

Sunday's are family days around here. I like to get out of the house as early as possible to make the most of the whole day. Starting with a swim at the beach....




It was a perfect day. The ocean was flat and calm. It was still hot enough to think it was summer even though we are half way through the first month of autumn. There was no crowd at the beach. Perfect. After a swim, the youngest teen and I went for a nice walk. 





Then we headed off to the local market to wander through while the girls grabbed there boards and skated through the crowd. 




I love adding a beach effect to the skateboarding photos because it somehow makes them seem even cooler.  This chick looks and acts like she came straight out of peace loving era. She oozes coolness. 

I picked up some plants & a few new books. I posted on Facebook last night that I wanted to join a bookclub with awesome, fun women. Fast forward a 24 hours and it looks like I might have some awesome friends onboard. I picked up 3 books at the markets that I had been looking for. All seems like a sign to me. This bookclub will happen!!



Yes, it is a rather eclectic collection of books! Eat, Pray, Love is one of my all time favourite movies but I have never read the book. All it cost was $1!! I have the first 2 Fifty Shades books & I really can't wait to finish the trilogy. I loved the first 2 books so I am hoping that I like the ending. I watched the movie last week and found it to be nothing at all like the book. How To Kill Your Husband might have been on my list to read for just the title alone! 


No trip to the beach is ever complete without a stop at our fave roadside fruit & veg stall. 




So with the car full of fresh produce, our skin a little sun kissed and salt on our skin, it was time to head home. 


Everyone rushed through the door to bags a good spot in front of the TV where "Storm Surfers" was the viewing of choice. Watching these brave men barreling down a wave the height of a building makes me want to grab a board, a jet ski & head out into some monster waves. But the likeliness of that happening is not very. Unless it is in my dreams!! They have balls of steel!! Crazy and awe inspiring all at the same time. 


I am not one to sit still for very long so when I found out my local hardware store had a sale on veggie & herb seedlings, off I went with hubby to get a few. I hope to have a flourishing veggie patch this winter. As long as the puppy stays away! 





Our simple Sunday was finished off with a simple yet totally amazing roast dinner. I love a Sunday roast. I pile everything into a platter and everyone helps themselves. 




There was nothing leftover and there was a fight over the last slice of meat! 


Now we will finish our Sunday by all watching TV together. The Block is always a favourite. 


The best things about a simple Sunday? We are all together, nothing is planned, there is no rush & we are all together. I know that these types of Sunday's will be rare as the girls become adults so I am making the most of the next 2 years. But then again, maybe they will never want them to end either. 


From Jos with love. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
From Jos with love. xx