I love Instagram

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Quick & easy mixed veg quinoa "salad"



I have a confession to make. I have fallen off the 100% healthy food bandwagon. But I am determined to make simple adjustments to my everyday eating. We have all heard about quinoa & it's great nutritional qualities. I love it but I will be honest when I say that hubby & the girls have not warmed to it, yet. So I have been thinking of ways that I can eat it with our normal meal. So when I made a potato salad for everyone else to go with the amazing ribs that I cooked for dinner, I thought it was the perfect time to substitute. I made myself a very simple vegetable quinoa "salad". I wasn't going to share recipes on this blog as it can becoming very time consuming taking photos, editing, writting up the recipe, etc. But this is so easy that it is not really a full blown recipe.


Quinoa cooks very similarly to rice. Just follow the directions on the packet. I used a Tri coloured quinoa tonight. While the quinoa is cooking, dice up some veg and pan fry them in a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil.




I cooked zucchini, sweet potato, red onion & mushrooms. When the veg has cooked, add the cooked quinoa to the pan and give it a stir. 




I served it with some yummy slow cooked ribs. You could serve it with any meat dish that you like or even as a meal by itself. I have some leftover that I will reheat for lunch. 




Fingers crossed that one day the rest of the family will realise just how yummy & filling quinoa is. 

From Jos with love. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
From Jos with love. xx