I love Instagram

Saturday 28 March 2015

16 sweet years

16 years old today. You are the first person to steal my heart in a way I never thought possible. 




From the moment I found out that I was going to be your Mumma, it felt like it was fate that you chose me. There is a saying, Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you have gained from having one. Oh my sweet girl, I gained the world by having you. I was only 19 when I held you in my arms for that very first time.
You were the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on. Completely delicious and the most gorgeous thing that I had ever created. In that moment, I saw your whole life lay out before me. I saw you and the moment you saw me, I started to wear my heart on the outside. You stole my heart from me. It was yours completely. For the first few days, I was completely in awe of this little human that I had given life to. I am still in awe of you now. You are the most confident person I have ever met. You are so fiercely independent. You were from the very start. Nothing has ever stopped you.






You see the world as so incredibly black and white. There is no middle for you. You know what is right & you know what is wrong. I completely love that about you. You stand up for what you know is right & you will not back down. You face the world with your head held high & proud. You were a born leader & people know that they can trust you 100% to take the lead. 



You teach me every day how to be a better person. I want to be just like you when I grow up. I have tried to grow up with you but sometimes I feel as though you are so much more grown up than I ever could be. You, my sweet girl, are everything I wish I was at your age. You have your whole life mapped out & you make sure that no one interrupts that plan. I don't care if your plans change, I just want you to enjoy life to the fullest. 



I have watched you fall in love for the first time. We sat on your bed together and both cried through your first heartbreak. We have laughed, danced & told each other our secrets. I love when you come rushing through the door after school to tell me all about your day. I love getting random text messages from you to tell me about a mark or grade you just got on a test at school.  It makes me so proud to hear about your time at work. I love it all. This stage of life for you is the most exciting. Soon you will have your learners licence & that brings with it a new phase of our life together. 


My life would not be half as fantastic had you not chosen me to be your mumma. The adventures we have had together have been completely amazing and I hope we continue to have them forever. You make me so incredibly proud to be your Mumma. 

From your Mumma with love. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
From Jos with love. xx